Friday, August 30, 2013

My Story - Childhood

I was born with this condition called Neurofibromatosis, sometimes called NF. My earliest memory was 2nd grade when I was asked what the tumor like thing on my right bicep was. I didn't know so I told the kid asking that it was a double muscle. I was in high school before I had a name for it. At the same time a CT scan showed something or so they thought. a 2nd ct scan found nothing. I was the butt of a lot of teasing throughout my school years, because of my NF. Still, I was able to joke and make the claim that the one tumor everyone really saw was a double muscle. In fact one day on the school bus going home a kid asked me what it was. Pointing to the one on top of my bicep (the only one visible to everyone at that time). I told him that it was a double muscle. He called me a liar, by saying it is not; and hitting it with a hair brush. The brush broke in half. While he was in shock, saying, "that was my girlfriends brush." I looked at him and just said, "told you (that it was a double muscle)."

No comments:

Post a Comment